Ottawa Charity Challenge 2021 Race
Our upcoming Ottawa Charity Challenge Race has gone virtual! We are walking and running from now until September 7. Many have registered for the 10 Kilometer Race, a few racers have entered the 5K, 2K and Half Marathon (23 K) and Full Marathon. Please email us if you would like guidance registering or donating.
From May 1 – 30 we’ll accumulate all of our race times to add up to 5k, 10k, a half or full marathon in 3 Canadian cities. We’ll all be off and racing at the 2020 Charity Challenge and Race Weekend! Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally got involved with this race five years ago, despite the fact that many of us consider ourselves walkers instead of runners! But the idea of walking and running to support our work in India really excited us. It’s now becoming our major event in Ottawa and Calgary, and now for our first year in Vancouver!
Hurry, the registration fees are still discounted! Register with CSLG for the Ottawa (Walk or Run) and join our team! When you register using this link, CSLG earns $5.00:
Be sure to select the option on the left side of the page to join Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally. And everyone has the opportunity to invite other racers, family and friends to sponsor your walk or run!
Here’s how it works:
1. Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally has registered as an official charity.
2. Racers, which include walkers and runners can sign up for the race of their choice (2K, 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and Full Marathon) and can select Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally as their charity here.
3. Racers can then have their own race page – don’t worry, we’ll help set it up if you’re interested!
4. Racers can then ask their friends to sponsor them directly online, with cash or by check.
What to expect:
- Every cent that we raise will be invested into our health and education programs in India.
- For your registration fee, you will receive a goal to get fit racing mostly along the canal right around Tulip Festival time.
- All the roads will be closed off to ensure safety among our racers.
- As a token of our gratitude, you will receive a high quality custom-sized Charity Challenge themed racing shirt, a beautiful medal when crossing that finish line and lots of other goodies, both given at registration and as e-vouchers!
- To ensure we’re in top notch shape, we begin training 6 weeks prior to the race along the same route. Stick around after as many of us get together for dinner and chit-chat!
Unavailable for those dates and times? You can still help!If the dates or time doesn’t work for you, please consider making a donation to help support Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally’s great work in India. 100% of your donation will be invested directly with Canadians Sharing’s programs that improve health and education in rural India and worldwide at https://raceroster.com/events/2020/24011/tamarack-ottawa-race-weekend-2020/fundraising-organization/21336
We’ll be happy to guide you through the online donation and registration process at (613) 223-7591.
Want to know more? Click here.