Volunteers in the Community
We are a Canadian Charity that connects with some of the most disenfranchised individual, families and small communities in southern India and in disaster struck areas around the world.
In South India we have nine programs in two thematic groups supporting health care and education. We work with several registered charitable trusts to assist individuals, families and small communities to create opportunities afforded by better health and education. The regional demand for improved health care and education is staggering and can only be met if we continue to build a self-sustaining network. We make the most impact by directly supporting people through our medical and educational programs.
Worldwide we provide relief to people trapped in humanitarian disasters such as the Syrian Refugee Exodus. We work with accredited Canadian Organizations like The Canadian Red Cross to get aid where it is needed the most.
We are all volunteers and education, training, medical equipment and building a vital network within our partner organizations provide the chance for a new life, a new future. Every dollar donated to our programs results in a dollar being spent in South India or with our worldwide partners. We invite you to contribute your time, skills and donations to support our dream of improving self-sufficiency and creating opportunities to become a reality, one person at a time.
We have supporters throughout Canada, the USA, Australia, Europe, India, Malaysia and elsewhere in the world. We are an entirely volunteer driven organization that delivers exceptional value programs with little or no overhead costs. Join us by helping to improve the lives of people in need in South India and in disaster-struck areas around the world.
Our programs in South India include:
- assistance with basic needs, such as nourishing meals, clothing and other essentials for day-to-day living;
- scholarships to children and youth in greatest need, particularly first-generation learners, to create educational opportunities;
- nursing scholarships to qualified young women to overcome financial hurdles;
- vocational programs for local women who will benefit training to help themselves become economically self-sufficient;
- adaptive equipment to improve the quality of life for physically and cognitively challenged people;
- supplies and equipment for the Sri Narayani College of Nursing , including medical books and journals for the College;
- medical equipment, such as dialysis and anesthesia machines, for the Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Center;
- medicines, equipment and vitamins to support the Sri Narayani Hospital’s outreach program serving outlying rural villages;
Our activities in other parts of the world include disaster relief, such as assistance to people affected by natural disasters, through our partnerships with other qualified Canadian humanitarian organizations.
We invite you to join us in this work!
Volunteering with us is a real opportunity for you to become actively involved in discovering your own potential while directly helping to improve the lives of others. We want volunteers to fill a range of needs including:
- assistance with Website content and development of social-networking opportunities;
- production of brochures and other print publications;
- program logistics and support in south India.
- We are also seeking financial contributions and to assist with our fund-raising efforts, we invite you to help spread the word by raising awareness about the work of CSLG.
If you want to make a difference in an environment that creates joy through service to others, please contact us to share your area of expertise and interest.